Post off topic threads here.
#66856 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:06 pm
Howdy all! Quick question for the California bunch. I am in the process of inserting the July 1, 2013 CBC supplement & errara into our code books & PDF's, what is the procedure when both the supplement and the errata replace the same pages? Does one supersede the other? Some of the pages being replaced do not have any margin markings so I can't tell what has changed real easy and want to make sure I am replacing the right sheets. Thanks!
#66870 by jimgoodman
Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:46 am
We only get the PDF version now. These updates come as an entire code so no inserting is required. We get the designer edition which has everything and then separate out the sections to separate files.

Back in the paper days I remember the update process being laborious and prone to mistake. I always figure that the latest date should be the most current.

I would ditch the books and stay with PDF all the way - especially now that they have abandoned the security. Heck, I can even pull the dang thing up on my Samsung Note 4 when I am meeting with a plan check engineer. And the search Acrobat function really makes finding things a breeze and you can copy and paste code sections into your drawings or plan check responses. and and and.....