Post off topic threads here.
#5287 by TheNextStepp
Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:05 pm
I was just wondering if anyone else is taking their exams currently and if they have any suggestions on study materials.

Thanks
#5291 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:25 pm
I'll be starting after the first of the year. Oh boy here we go....... good luck!
#5298 by TheNextStepp
Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm
Well I will keep you posted then, I have to get cranking on them within a month or so. I got a little over a year till I can be licensed so it would be nice if I actually got on the ball and knocked some out of the way. I hear there is a 6-9 month wait for the orals though :( You happen to purchase any study materials yet? I am looking at the Kaplan set of books myself.
#5370 by archjjg
Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:58 pm
its an ARE forum set up in different catagories, with comments, questions, etc... VERY, VERY helpful !!
#5386 by MtnArch
Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:30 pm
The main thing to do is make sure that you read the question THOROUGHLY - make sure that you don't over-think it or miss what it's really asking.

Having sat as a Commissioner for the California Supplemental exams (the orals), the candidates that had the hardest time were the ones that didn't listen to the question (some out of arrogance, others out of nervousness) and the ones that tried to prove how much they knew (and gave WAY too much information) that had no bearing on the question.

Good luck to all who are currently or will soon start taking their exams! Thank God I passed mine back in 1987!
#5390 by TheNextStepp
Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:45 am
Yeah I heard the California Supplemental exams can be a little intimidating with the multiple part questions and such so I could see how easy it would be to get flustered. I just hope that I know enough material to be relaxed and then perhaps it will be smooth sailing but first I have to get all the written exams out of the way.
#5397 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:12 pm
Think I'll be hitting you up in a couple years Alan for some pointers.
#5401 by Dick Eades
Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:22 pm
Wooo, that takes me back a ways. I went for my exam the first Sunday that the gas stations were closed due to the oil embargo. That was Dec. '73. Passed it the first time.