Post off topic threads here.
#68027 by BEMArchitect
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 pm
I am a brand new user to the Forum, and have used DataCAD 10.05 since it came out. I upgraded to 12, but never used it because there were so many things that I felt were different, and I didn't want to take the time to re-program myself. 10.05 was working beautifully, and still is I might add, but 12 just slowed me down. So, I only used it to open DWGs, as it seemed to be better than 10.05 in doing that.

I have just about arrived at the decision to take the jump to DataCAD 18, and have downloaded the trial version. The first question I have is this, where is the best and appropriate place on the Forum to post my future flood of questions? Is it here in Off Topic or in the DataCAD 18 index?

Thanks in advance for you answer?
#68028 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 pm
Welcome!!!

The V18 forum would probably be best since most of your questions will probably relate to what you're seeing in 18.

Ask any and all questions you have - this forum is made up of the nicest, most helpful users you'll find anywhere! And you'll see Mark M. and Dave G. pop in as well - you'll never find that in any AckCAD forum!
#68036 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:01 pm
Welcome Brady! Yup Alan's right, the v.18 board would be your best bet. Also try to start a single post for each topic if possible so the topics don't get lost with a mix of reply's, will make reading along a bit easier.
#68038 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:35 pm
I'll add my welcome as well Brady. What the guys have stated is good advice. You will find a lot of helpful folks here (#BestUsersEver).

Regards,
Dave