Post off topic threads here.
#68951 by Robert Scott
Sat May 21, 2016 1:20 pm
Curious if anyone is receiving client interest in VR and AR. I've started to use Kubity models which are being enthusiastically received by clients. I think Kubity is headed down the VR road and will be implementing more features in the future. As my business scope if primarlily modeling now I have a great interest in this.

From my perspective, DC and SU are playing very nice together which makes life a lot easier.

Any thoughts?

Robert
#68957 by joshhuggins
Sat May 21, 2016 10:32 pm
Not yet for VR directly from clients, but I think it will be something that if you can get a client something they will love it. I am getting ready to ramp up our 3D usage in our office as I think the time is finally right now to start transitioning to 3D model based workflows for a few of us in our office. VR offerings is something we are going to be looking at as well since most of the work will have already been done for the model.
#68964 by Robert Scott
Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm
Josh....you'll be a natural at this! Are you planning on modeling all in DC or doing blended work with SU and AC?

Keep an eye on Kubity...I think some big things are on the horizon and the have made subtle improvements since December's launch.
I'm using it for design development on almost every project now.

Here's a fun one from the archives I turned into a Kubity model: https://www.kubity.com/p/7IigOv
Originally targeted as a 3D print job that stalled out on the virtual boards.

Bob
#69094 by Ted B
Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 pm
I've been using Sketchup for years for the opposite reason, mots of my clients are "civilians" - mostly homeowners inexperienced in construction or remodeling - with no experience reading architectural drawings, 2d details, or 3rd-order projections...but various views of their house in perspective they understand intuitively.