Post off topic threads here.
#69773 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm
Looks very interesting. We've been using Kubity on a daily basis to communicate our 3D design development models.
The interface looks very similar to Kubity.
Definitely worth exploring further...good find!

Robert
#69774 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:48 pm
Ironically, 360 Bldng is based on Autodesk technology (gasp!s):
http://the360view.typepad.com/blog/2015 ... etups.html

My first impression is it is very slow to load a file and way too much information is required.
Before passing final judgment I'll wait to see the graphic quality and the ease of sharing the files with clients.

Robert
#69776 by pjdixit
Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm
Thank you for your input, Robert!

Yes, it is based on Autodesk's new Forge Platform (https://developer.autodesk.com/). It is a collection of cloud services, APIs, and SDKs, so developers can quickly create the data, apps, experiences, and services.

Whether you like it or not, you will see quite of bit of web-applications and web-integrated desktop applications using Forge platform in near future.
#69777 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:15 pm
pjdixit wrote:Thank you for your input, Robert!

Yes, it is based on Autodesk's new Forge Platform (https://developer.autodesk.com/). It is a collection of cloud services, APIs, and SDKs, so developers can quickly create the data, apps, experiences, and services.

Whether you like it or not, you will see quite of bit of web-applications and web-integrated desktop applications using Forge platform in near future.

No problem with Autodesk products from this 20 DataCAD user. I have a 3D Studio Max subscription and it's worth every penny (or dollar) ;)

Still waiting on approval of my building on 360 Blndg.... that's another negative in the fast past world we live it...more later.

Robert
#69778 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:58 pm
Gave bldgn360 a whirl and at first glance it's ok for a freebee. I tested in Firefox and Edge browsers. bldng360 did not properly import our sketchup file as it was missing some defined colors, the shading was weird in Firefox, and horrible in Edge. I tried playing with it's environmental settings which actually gave a nice auto preset for the lighting to try to simulate environmental reflected colors onto the model but it didn't help fix the shadow/color issues. It duplicated several sections of the model in a grid like pattern which I had to hide to get to the point of the screenshot. The colors in general are pretty much spot on in qrVR as a reference. Compared to Kubity, bldgn360 it's definitely slower, clunkier while navigating the model and not quite as robust in the UI and features. I don't know what Kubity/qrVR's final business model will be as they are in a transitional state right now, so it's hard to say what program between the two, or if another app will be a better value to invest into at this time, but if I was presenting to a client today, I wouldn't rely on bldng360 at this point.

bldng360
https://bldng360.com/gebouwen/SpHoYDkuTUO55377cQTLNA

qrVR Model
https://qrvr.io/p/EPFZR7

Firefox Screenshots

Edge Screenshots
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#69779 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:03 pm
I'm in agreement with Josh's findings. I've uploaded a model and so far can't even view it on my Iphone or Chrome browser:
https://bldng360.com/gebouwen/9LWKKGB0CESO0QFhZ_H4Hg

edit: The cost for advanced business license...wow! I was able to load the model in Edge but the quality and colors is off.

Time will tell and I do think within the next year we will have several major players in this field and multiple choices.

Robert
Last edited by Robert Scott on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#69781 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
Robert Scott wrote:and way too much information is required.
Yeah, that was really weird having to geo locate it, etc.

Josh,
Nice to see your projects are taking you to Asia :)
RGS
#69782 by pjdixit
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:30 pm
Thank you for comparison tests across various browsers! Renderings in qrVR certainly looks better as of today.

Will you benefit if you could directly display DataCAD files on your own websites interactively? Or converting to SketchUp, DWG or some other format and using qrVR or similar application works just fine? In other words, is it a big enough pain-point that you will be willing to pay small fees if functionality to directly display original DatCAD files on the web is provided.
#69783 by Robert Scott
Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:58 pm
I'd consider any platform that helps my clients visualize the end product.
Cost is always a consideration but I'm certainly not opposed a paid application if it makes me a few $$$.
Robert
#69784 by jimgoodman
Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am
As Bob mentioned, we are using Kubity on a daily basis (literally) for presentations to both clients and consultants - kind of like O2C but without the need for recipients to install any software. The reception has been very positive.
To answer Prasad's question, we would definitely benefit from being able to drop DataCAD models into Kubity without having to go through Sketchup first.

The progress in features and functionality over the past several months that we have been using it it quite remarkable, so a paid subscription is definitely worth the investment on our end, assuming the pricing is reasonable. We need to support the developers so they will keep improving the product, just like we do with DataCAD!
#69788 by Robert Scott
Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:33 am
pjdixit wrote:Thank you for comparison tests across various browsers! Renderings in qrVR certainly looks better as of today.

Will you benefit if you could directly display DataCAD files on your own websites interactively? Or converting to SketchUp, DWG or some other format and using qrVR or similar application works just fine? In other words, is it a big enough pain-point that you will be willing to pay small fees if functionality to directly display original DatCAD files on the web is provided.

I suppose the non politcally correct thing to say is "please don't make DataCAD easier to use...off site consultants need work too" ;)

Robert