Post off topic threads here.
#70533 by Ted B
Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 am
We just got several new flat-screen TVs for the house and now I have an older 23"-diagonal flat-screen digital TV left-over. I was going to put it in my office [so I can watch golf while I should be working]. But I'm now wondering if I could use it as a second monitor...and get rid of my crappy plug-in speakers. I think it's a wide-screen HD 1080p bit I don't think it has WiFi like the new ones do...

Alternately, I have an old Gateway PC Athlon that I might get refurbished -- it needs a new power supply and I have an external hard-drive for it -- that has a 15" flat-display that I could use the "new" TV as the monitor for it. It used to be used for the accounting and it was the hub-computer for my home-office network.
#70535 by Paul Nida
Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 am
I am temporarily using a 24" LED TV as a second monitor at home. It works okay but I am not happy with the colors and I am planning on adding a new monitor and putting the TV back in the spare bedroom where it belongs.
#70724 by Nick Pyner
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 pm
You don't need WiFi, and would be struggling to use it if you had it. All you need is a D15 or an HDMI socket and, if it is new enuff to be flat screen, it probably has both. Relative to its size, the resolution is not unreasonable for use as a monitor, and it could work rather well. A much better idea than contributing to the e-waste dump in Ghana.