Post off topic threads here.
#71528 by Ted B
Mon May 22, 2017 1:51 am
I've been experimenting with sketching construction details on my 10" Android Tablet, but I haven't found an adequate 2D drafting or sketching APP. Any suggestions? I'm open to being about to import the sketched-details either into Datacad18, or into Sketch-up Layout. I just want something I can sketch on-the-fly with, similar to how I do on a pad of graph-paper with a pencil for felt-tip pen. Recently I have mostly abandoned CAD-drawn larger-scale (3/4'-scale and 1-1/2" scale) details, using Datacad only for larger sections and precision-layouts...or for redrafting a detail that is going to be re-used. Otherwise I just scan at letter-size and paste-up 2 or 4 details per 17x11" drawings sheet. Some details I just sketch freehand on 17x11" graph-paper and scan to either .pdf or .jpeg. for reproduction and distribution

I'm thinking of getting a Am-Pen or MKEO stylus with a disc-tip, they are supposed to be more accurate and capable of finer-control on the tablet screen for sketching and handwriting. THe typical soft-tip tablet-stylus is kinda'vague and "squishy".
#71552 by David Porter
Tue May 23, 2017 12:18 pm
I did some research and experimenting with tablet sketching (Android) about a year ago. Narrowed it down to two, freebie programs. The one that I like and use is, unfortunately, by Autodesk. It is called Autodesk Sketchbook. I believe they still have a free version.
#71816 by Nick Pyner
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:43 pm
Ted B wrote: I do on a pad of graph-paper with a pencil

Pretty hard to beat when it comes to portability.