Post off topic threads here.
#75174 by BEMArchitect
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 pm
Looking for recommendations for a good reliable wireless laser printer/scanner that will print/scan up to 11 X 17. Have had (2) Epson Workforce inkjet printers that will print 13X19 (which is great) but they both developed the same problem; printing crooked lines, and text that is slanted when it isn't suppose to be. I have tried all the fixes that were recommended but without success.

I will be using printer/scanner mainly for printing/letters, specs, proposals, etc. Also, I've had HP printers and I said I would never buy another one as I despise how they will not print if a ink cartridge needs to be replaced. Have researched som Brother printers, but know no one who has one.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
#75176 by MtnArch
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:21 pm
I'm partial to Brother printers, but my 11x17 is an inkjet and I can't comment or recommend an 11x17 laser from them.
#75180 by David Porter
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm
Everyone will have their favorites. Mine for 11x17 is an HP LaserJet. I have had two of these over the past 28 years and they are workhorses. Mine only prints, it doesn't scan. But, I purchased it probably or more years ago and before the scanning function became a part of most printers. Have never needed this printer repaired. Quality is superb. A drum will last over 10k of copies. A new drum/toner cartridge runs about $250.
#75181 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:49 pm
From what I can see, the most important thing is to look at the price of the toner cartridges, and whether or not they include the printing drums. ALL printers these days seem designed to sell you more supplies. Even the brands that used to be capable of millions of pages, wear out and fail waaaaay too easily.

Do you need color?

Laser has the advantage of being able to get the paper wet, and not lose the printing.
#75201 by Ted B
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:14 pm
I love my Epson Workforce 7620, a huuuge improvement over the series of HP's I had over the last 30-years. Though I rarely use it as a scanner, my peeve is I can't control it from my PC as a scanner. ( I suspect it's because the USB-Printer cable isn't directly attached to my PC, but instead it's attached via a USB-Hub. ) As long as I can get remanufactured Epson inkjet cartridges it's quite economical, especially as the Epson nozzles aren't in the cartridge like the HPs. It has a WIFI connection, but I never set that up... **/wooden clog** I print most things on draft using the ink-save and the black-cartridge-only settings. yeh, it's a bit "gray", but no-one complains too-loudly. But I don't print enough sheets a month to justify a laser-unit. If the Epson breaks, I'll just get another ...it costs about as much as two-sets of CMYK OEM-cartridges. I think I bought it at Staples for under $200-plus-tax with a Staples sales coupon and a dead-printer trade-in credit.

For my main client, I don't even print anymore. I just e-mail him collated .PDF-files for his paperless office filing. Unfortunately in New Jersey, the municipalities require paper originals with a raised NJ Architect's press-seal and signature for all submittals, even letters ...and paper shop drawings. My primary drawing-size is 11x17" originals for construction and design drawings. No problems with Building Departments accepting sealed drawings as long as the text is legible.

I think in over 20-years I've only had two jurisdictions insist on 24x30" min. drawings for submission.