Post off topic threads here.
#75548 by BEMArchitect
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:13 am
it seems that there are a number of text fonts missing in DC18 that were a part of DC10. I recently opened up some older drawing files with DC18 that were created in DC10 and the text fonts that were used have been replaced, and aren't available in the text menu.

Any way to get those back or am I missing something?
#75550 by BEMArchitect
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:01 pm
NEIL:

I cant even tell now, as I don't have a computer with DC10 on it anymore; it crashed. I just know that when I opened up the DC10 drawings that the text in the title blocks was not what I had originally used.

I MAY have the fonts backed up though on a external hard drive….thanks for reminding me of that!
#75551 by MtnArch
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm
If you can recall the name of the font (DCR?) one of us may have it laying about and could forward it to you as well. I don't remember which DC version started automatically upgrading the fonts to SHX.
#75556 by Ted B
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 am
Were they "autocad" fonts or .TTF fonts?

If they were .TTF fonts, they are resident on the computer itself within Windows as installed-fonts. One issue I've run across with .TTF fonts is that some .TTF fonts are partially-translated .OTF fonts that don't work properly in Datacad. In most Windows programs it doesn't matter, but Datacad seems to be particular about .TTF fonts being actual "clean" .TTF fonts.

Many fonts exist as .TTF and .OFT ...with the same menu-name to add to the confusion. You need to check the extension details.

I find that I have to include both the specific .SHX drawing files and .TTF font files when I send .Dwg-files to a consultant, ...or globally change all my text and dimension-text to an autocad font like "heavy chisel" first before exporting for them to sucessfully load into Autocad.