Post off topic threads here.
#76273 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 am
The first annual Drive Electric Earth Day events are happening around the US, this Saturday April 27th, 2019. I am taking my PEBL to one, that is happening next to Old North Bridge, in Concord, MA. You can look for an even near you at this link:

https://driveelectricearthday.org

My family now has 3 electric cars (all four of us are drivers), plus the better.bike PEBL - and we sold our last gas car about 6 weeks ago. Once you drive an electric car, you won't want to drive a fossil fuel one.
#76278 by Ted B
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:06 pm
I have a client who has two Teslas, but he lives in the Yuppie suburbs of NYC. He's convinced, but I'm way out in the country and need real 4-wheel drive, ...so I'll stick with my gasoline-V6 Jeep Liberty. I guess at some point they'll be inevitable, but not yet.

I don't like the current range and charging time limitations. Sitting for an hour ...or three... somewhere strange to partial charge doesn't appeal to me. The only hybrid that appeals to me is that Cadillac ELR they discontinued a few years ago. But the used-prices are still too-high and they're hard to find, and servicing a Cadillac is a pain due to the distance to a dealer. My local mechanic won't touch any of them. With Teslas you have to pay them to make a house-call.
#76292 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:26 pm
Ted, my family has had 5 electric cars, for over 5 years, and we have yet to have to service any of them, except one simple recall repair.

I spend no time in line for, or pumping gas. We have charged in public only about 2 dozen times, in the 5 years. Quick charging Teslas is pretty painless - 30-90 minutes is typical.

We are paying only about 2¢ / mile, with our solar PV system accounting for half the cost of our electricity.