Post off topic threads here.
#77056 by tlarso
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm
Is there any way to convert .CHR font files to .shx font files? I have old Cheapware floppy disks and a Cheapware Volume 1 CD that I obtained when I was using DataCAD 3 and would like to use what I can from them in versions 12,19LT, and 21, if I decide to buy version 21. Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.
#77058 by Roger D
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:18 pm
Listed on the Datacad DNN Forum page, they list convertors, but the links are not there.
In older versions of Dcad, these were in the chr folder.
One would use CHR2SHP, then SHP2SHX.
https://www.datacad.com/ddn/fonts_ref.html

CHR2SHP
This command-line utility for decompiling DataCAD CHR fonts to SHP format was originally distributed by Tim Hamlett of ArcDraft America around 1994.
SHP2CHR
This command-line utility for compiling SHP files to DataCAD CHR fonts is included with DataCAD in the \CHR or \Fonts folder.
SHP2SHX
This command-line utility for compiling SHP files to AutoCAD SHX fonts was originally distributed by Tim Hamlett of ArcDraft America around 1994.
SHX2SHP
This command-line utility for decompiling AutoCAD SHX fonts to SHP format is a public domain product of Schreiber Instruments Inc. Version 4.0 was published in 1995.