Post off topic threads here.
#78035 by Ted B
Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 pm
[Update]

Gov. Phil Murphy (Tyrant-NJ) announced yesterday that construction can resume as of next Monday (May 18th). That does not mean that construction will re-start, just that it can. So I expect it will be a slow process as owners and contractors reconsider their positions based on the new reality. And retail, offices and hospitality are still shutdown except for curbside and delivery. There's no guidance yet on how submittals, approvals and inspections are going to be made, and the zoning and planning boards are still closed-down since they require "open meetings" here in NJ. So far they have been accepting snail-mail at the Building Department.

I have one(!) residential client who's said he wants to go forwards on an extensive reconstruction and addition ...but I have no clue yet what happens if we need zoning or planning aprovals or variances.

At least I have heard from my primary non-residential client (yay!), but we haven't had those hard discussions about the future yet. I just question if his cutomers will be prepared to spend money in this economy ...oe even allow strangers on their properties. Reading between the lines, I don't think he even has access to his office-suite. The building management basically shut the building down in late-March and sent everyone home. His office team has been working-remotely from laptops and cellphones, the mail's going to his house, but no-one's gone on a roof in 6-weeks or longer. I don't even want to think about his supply-chain issues with all this nationwide and international turmoil and disruptions.