Post off topic threads here.
#78446 by jerry.headley
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:31 pm
Has anyone experienced Windows 10 update installation taking a very long time? Since I had some time between project, I decided to update Windows 10 Pro 64 bit this morning. 4 hours later, it is still at 60% and it appears there is "no end insight" for the installation/upgrade to be completed.
#78447 by MtnArch
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:58 pm
There have been some that have been that way for me as well. I think the worst one I had to run during the night because it was taking so long to do.
#78448 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 pm
Sometimes they hang up on drivers. The last major feature update ver 2004 had been buggier than most. If there is no sign of hard drive activity after a several hours you can try to reboot and there are mechanisms in the update software that should either roll back the updates or skip the offending update. Your millage may vary.
#78602 by jerry.headley
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:56 pm
Funny thing happen on my way to upgrade Windows 10 Pro: after 4 unsuccessful attempts to upgrade Windows, I had to do a complete re-install after downloading Win 10 Pro ISO.

Did a clean re-install of Win 10 Pro without a problem then re-install DCAD and other programs so now I'm up/running.