Post off topic threads here.
#78540 by Joe Krawiec
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi,
Does anyone have a suggestion how to get a .dwf file into Dcad? Apparently it is Acad's 'Inventor' software. Neither Autodesk TrueView 2020 or Dcad will work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Joe Krawiec
Toms River, NJ
#78543 by Ted B
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 pm
It might be a 3D prototyping file, not a CAD file.
Is .dwf it's native format, or was it exported to .dwf?

Maybe Sketchup might open it, though you might need the Pro version
...Or Sketchup might be able to open it in it's native format.
#78550 by MtnArch
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:18 am
I believe that DWF was originally Autodesk's "answer" to PDF but was quickly left in PDF's dust. I haven't used the DWF format in Acad in almost 10 years but I know that both Acad and BricsCAD still allow export to it. Importing to a usable DWG/AEC? I don't know if that's possible.
#78555 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 pm
I believe Autodesk Inventor files use a IDW extension. DWF (Design Web Format) were, in my opinion, supposed to be the answer for PDF files. You could probably use the free ODA Drawings Explorer to open the DWF then export it to DWG to then open in DataCAD.

ODA Drawings Explorer
https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles/oda_drawings_explorer
#78665 by Joe Krawiec
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:29 am
In case anyone ever comes up against this in the future, I thought it might be helpful to let all know the results. In short, nothing worked. I have asked the Owner to try to obtain a .dwg file - we'll see how that goes. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
#81817 by PSH-FCI
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:45 pm
Hello, new DataCAD user here. This is likely a simple task, but have not been able to find anything on the Forum or elsewhere to help me out.

I'm trying to export all views to DWG at once, rather than exporting each view one by one. What is the best practice for this?

Thanks in advance.
#81819 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:25 pm
PSH-FCI wrote:Hello, new DataCAD user here. This is likely a simple task, but have not been able to find anything on the Forum or elsewhere to help me out.

I'm trying to export all views to DWG at once, rather than exporting each view one by one. What is the best practice for this?

Thanks in advance.
AFAIK, you can only do a single view at a time.