Post off topic threads here.
#79381 by WRLL
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 am
I have used DAVEHAND since it was first available-I note-designed by David Shegog in 2001. I replaced my computer at Xmas and can't recover the font and am feeling quite despondent!
Other things have passed-Cheap tricks and the lovely Evan Shu and what happened to James Horecka and his wonderful contributions.
Is there any way I can obtain a copy of DAVEHAND?
Thank you
Wayne Lees
Auckland NZ
#79388 by Nick Pyner
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:15 am
If you haven't already got it by now, post me your email, I have them here.
#79406 by dhs
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:44 am
I hope Nick was able to help Wayne out, but as it was distributed by Evan it raises the question of whether many of the things he distributed are now lost forever?

I note that there are still links to the ctw page on DataCAD's Download and Third Party Developers pages. The ctw pages still exist but I assume that any orders placed will simply disappear into the ether?

From what Evan had told me orders for cheap tricks ware had slowed to a very small trickle, so I don't think anybody was making much money from their sale ... Perhaps some of the authors would be willing to make their ware available for free download (it would be most appropriate if DataCAD was able to host such downloads on their Download page, but I would be willing to host them on my site if DataCAD was unable to do it).
#79441 by WRLL
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:28 pm
Nick Pyner kindly sent me the Davehand font file-I never thought I could be so attached to an electronic font! I am very grateful to him-it just suits me perfectly.
I did trawl through the links to Cheap Tricks ware from the DC site to no avail-they are all redundant. Thanks David also.
Kind regards,
Wayne Lees
#79442 by WRLL
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm
And I should have said.....
David's offer to host the remnants of the Cheap Tricks Ware and the many other contributions users made, would be valuable.
I have no idea of the time/cost implications and it may be too much of a burden for David. It would be a pity if they are lost.
Kind regards,
Wayne Lees