Post off topic threads here.
#80106 by MtnArch
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:09 am
Before our beloved Dave G. passed away I had talked to him about how DCad could replicate an add-in available for Acad and BricsCAD called "AutoTURN" that allows you to create a path for various cars/vans/trucks/semi's on a site plan to see if there are any conflicts or issues as part of your design process. After looking at it Dave felt it was doable but wasn't sure that it was something DCad would fund the development for. I've had a small sidebar (after Dave's passing) with Dave Henderson about it as well, but nothing has progressed (that I'm aware of) to date.

A past colleague has recently asked me to help him with a few truck path studies (since I have a current subscription to AutoTURN that works with my current BricsCAD license), which I have gladly done as a courtesy to him.

Since we don't currently have it available for DCad I'd like to make an offer to help my fellow DCad users to run some truck paths on your site if you need them. I will need to limit them to (2) truck paths per user per year without payment; if you are willing to pay for my time I'll gladly run as many variations as you need.

If you're in need of these please PM me with your email and phone number and I'll get back to you right away to get the information I need. AutoTURN allows me to create "custom" vehicles based on lengths, wheel bases, tongues, etc. and I have created custom paths for hook-and-ladder trucks, vans with custom trailers, as well as specific fire trucks and trash trucks.

Although I can't run the simulation through DCad I can translate your site from DCad, into Acad format, run the simulation, and then can save it back into AEC format.

Let me know if I can help any of you out on this.