Post off topic threads here.
#82211 by Chris
Thu May 04, 2023 12:25 pm
Now that QB is switching to an on-line platform at the end of this month which that lacks a number of features that the desktop version has (or had). Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternate to look at? I am primarily concerned with the payroll side.
#82212 by joshhuggins
Thu May 04, 2023 2:09 pm
Most of QB Desktop is not ending in May, just some of the older versions of Desktop (ex. v2020) and other specific older things like Point of Sale versions are getting access to things like online payroll services disconnected. You can read more about what is being disconnected at the link below. You can get a subscription to QBD Pro Plus 2023 currently with most online services like payroll if needed. It is getting crazy expensive if you need multiple users or "advanced" features though. :roll: They basically hide it online so it's best to find a 3rd party seller or accountant sales rep or just call their sales number and just go thru the hassle of telling their sales team you want Desktop and not QBOnline. I Gave QBOnline a real go for 2 years but it is such a cobbled together mess of companies which Intuit bought up and then tried to shoehorn into a single interface, the backend just breaks WAY too much and data gets corrupted beyond repair even for their "upper level" techs. Was a 2 year nightmare for me personally, and I will never go back to it. :x

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-sup ... e_US_en_US
#82213 by Chris
Thu May 04, 2023 3:30 pm
Thanks Josh, Thank. I got ahold of sales and discovered I can keep the Desktop 2020 and would only need to go with the QB Core Payroll on-line for a mere $30.00 a month for the 1st year and then it climbs to $50.00. I am sure the sky is the limit after that. OF course getting hit with e-mails that state "Your Quickbooks Desktop 2020 software will be discontinued after May 31st" doesn't help.
#82214 by DBrennfoerder
Thu May 04, 2023 3:33 pm
Years ago, a local option became available called "employee leasing". The boss at the time turned all the staff over to that company and then leases us for work. They do the payroll, taxes, benefits and W2's. I'm down to myself and one other employee, still using that leasing firm. It costs me less than $19/week. I just turn in time cards and we get paid. Easy-Peasy.