Post off topic threads here.
#82740 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:47 pm
I've learned to be careful when using additional screens with my laptop. A while back, I had issues when I was working with DataCAD on an added screen when I shut down, then moved to working with only the laptop screen, DataCAD wanted to move to the disconnected screen and be unavailable. I've learned how to avoid that situation.

Now, I have the same issue with GoogleEarth. I don't know when / where / how I got to this point, but GE opens to somewhere else off screen. I've tried rebooting without the extra screens, rebooting with all the screens on. No solution. You can see in the photo that the laptop is finding 4 additional screens and that GE is up and running, but it doesn't appear anywhere that I can see. I suppose I could spend hours moving those screen diagrams around and eventually happen to land where GE is operating. I remember that DataCAD has some key function to force a dialog box to appear on screen. Is that what I need to do with GE?

Do any of you software guru's have a solution?

TIA
Attachments
IMG_6675r.jpg
#82741 by joshhuggins
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:19 am
Hover your mouse over your Google Earth icon in the taskbar until the preview pops up. Right click the preview, and do the following depending on the state of the menu that pops up:

1a. If the 'Move' option is not selectable, but Restore is, click Restore. Once again hover over the Google Earth icon in the taskbar and right click and then go to step 2.

1b. If Restore is not selectable, but Move is, go to Step 2.
2024-01-26_220736.jpg
2024-01-26_220736.jpg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 785 times

2. In the popup menu, Left Click the Move option but then do not move your mouse at all after the Left click and then an arrow key on your keyboard. This should snap the Google Earth window to your mouse cursor. You should now be able to move your mouse and relocate the Google Earth dialog back to where you want it.
#82743 by joshhuggins
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:12 pm
Only 10:19 pm here :wink: Glad it worked for ya!