Post off topic threads here.

Background: White or Black

83%
11%
7%
#702 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:09 pm
Dick Eades wrote:Oh, no!! Now that it's working it's copying in the quoted posts after I edited the original.

Sorry about that!

No, not really, I was trying to post the correct syntax and accidentally linked the image. Actually, it was my bad.

:oops:
#704 by Dick Eades
Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:36 pm
Thanks, Neil. I'll correct that later when I have time. In the meantime, bear with me.
#1256 by Steve Baldwin
Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:38 pm
Hi all.

I've gotta use black! White works fine in other programs, but for some reason, when I'm in cad, it has to be black.

#1265 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:57 am
I used black or a very dark green or blue, unless using the projector at a client meeting. At meetings I usually switch to white to make the lines show up better. Sometimes I need to do a "change/color/all" window to make light cyan, yellow, and others show up better in a temp/copy file of the cad file.
#1267 by Dick Eades
Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:42 am
No need to do that, just load a different rgb file. Prepare one that looks good on a white background and save it for the presentations.
#1272 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:34 pm
Thanks Dick. I knew there should be some easy way around the problem, just hadn't taken time to think it through.
#1273 by Dick Eades
Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:44 am
I converted from a black background to white and had to be able to use a huge legacy of symbols that would have been difficult to redefine just in order to change their colors, so the easiest solution was to develop a custom rgb file that allowed those colors to remain assigned to their respective plotter roles and yet look appropriate on a white background. My solution was posted earlier here.
#1377 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:56 pm
Dick Eades wrote:No need to do that, just load a different rgb file. Prepare one that looks good on a white background and save it for the presentations.

How do you do that? My Tools>ColorPalettes dialogue box only has SaveAs, Edit, OK, and Cancel buttons, no Load button. Page 174 of the DataCAD 11 manual shows a Load button, but, mine looks like the one on Page 30 of the What's new.. manual.

Is there an datacadwin.ini entry I'm missing?

I would like to change palettes for a presentation on Thursday, I guess I can always change the ini.
#1380 by Steve Baldwin
Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:11 am
Hi Daniel.

It took a second for me to find that too. Actually, there isn't a load button. Just use the drop-down arrow to show the list of .rgb files, then select the one you want. ...You may need to refresh your screen.
#1384 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:19 am
Steve Baldwin wrote:Hi Daniel.

It took a second for me to find that too. Actually, there isn't a load button. Just use the drop-down arrow to show the list of .rgb files, then select the one you want. ...You may need to refresh your screen.

Doh!! Never occurred to me. Thanks for the help.
#1477 by REX PEET
Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:30 pm
I use 0 0 255 Blue. I find it much more relaxing for the eyes than either black or white
#2205 by Ted B
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:21 pm
I use a real dark blue, like the old white line-on-blue blueprints. It's just "blue"-enough to see sensed as a plane...rather than staring into a black endless Abyss. And it's neutral enough not to throw any of the std. colors off.

On my monitor I don't use Blue or Dark Gray anyway, and I rarely use Magenta.
#2206 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:55 pm
Dick Eades wrote:...I notice that Neil has a smaller picture with a link to a larger one. How do you do that?

Hello Dick,
Try to use PNG format. It is browser friendly. Which means it will fit the window size and allow the swap between little and bigger image.
Additionaly PNG is a great solution because it doesn't loose quality on the image as JPG does.

Thanks,
Miguel