Post off topic threads here.
#7315 by bpeoples
Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:51 pm
I am currently operating DataCad on a laptop and have access to a 19" monitor. Would it be possible for me set up my work station so that I can split screens as I had previously done w/ AutoCad? Any special hardware or software required?
#7316 by pmerkl
Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:02 pm
I have dual screens using the latest datacad. It is fantastic. I went and bought a used dual monitor card (Matrox) and two used 17" monitors for about $50. ea. I had used a single 21" in the past but I think that this works better. I put what ever pallets on the one monitor and the active screen on the other monitor. I end up with more drawing area. and I can even pull up digital photos of a jobsite for doing demolition drawings or to see the existing conditions. Using two monitors and being able to view two software products at the same time is great.

Thanks
PJM