Post off topic threads here.
#7775 by Bev
Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:42 pm
In our office, I am using Windows 2000 (previously Windows98) and my co-worker is using Windows XP. We typically plot our full size drawings on 36" x 24" paper. When I've set up the sheets as "Arch D" and saved, when my co-worker opens it, it shows up as "Arch E". When he sets up as "Arch D" and saves - and I open it, it shows up as "Arch C". This has been happening all along and is very annoying. We've tried many things - set up drawing default, change settings under printer, etc. to no avail. :( Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Also in plotting - my intent is on the 36 x 24 paper to have approx. 1/2" border on the right and approx. 1 1/2" border on the left. When the drawing sheet is set up for 36" x 24", and I need to plot the sheet on 8 1/2 x 11 (whether for an actual print or to make a pdf to email) it does not actually "scale to fit" the sheet. I end up with my right hand title area of the drawing partially cut off. In order to get the whole thing to fit, I've had to go into the MSP sheet and physically move the border and any other pieces that have now been affected. :? Sometimes this takes many tries to get it far enough to the left. My co-worker does not have this problem. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
#7776 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:02 pm
I know in our office on our HP DesignJet 5500 driver, the order of the paper in the list effects which paper is chosen. So say if Arch D is third in the order on yours maybe Arch C is third on a different system. Just an idea, could be the difference in the OS driver versions. I'd recommend getting everyone on the same OS (if it's financially possible, moving up to XP if the systems will run it) as it takes a lot of these hiccups out of the equation. What printer/plotters are you having trouble with?
#7782 by Bev
Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:26 pm
Thanks for the reply Josh, - by the way - congratulations on the little one!

The plotter is an HP DesignJet 800. I'll check out the numerical order of sheet sizes to see if that might be the answer.
My computer is an older one - we weren't sure how it would take to Windows 2000, so I'm thinking going to XP probably wouldn't work or we'd have done it.
The printer I'm having trouble with shrinking to 8 1/2 x 11 is an HP LaserJet 3500.
Bev
#7784 by Daniel Kaczor
Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:08 pm
The easiest way to solve the paper list problem is to set up a custom sheet for each size of paper you use on each machine.

As far as the right side of letter sized being cut off, pay attention to the margins of your full sized sheet and the non-printing area of your laserjet. If the larger sheet margin is 1/2" at full size then when printing to the laserjet, at approximately 30% reduction, you would lose 1/10 to 1/8" of the right side of the drawing if the laserjet has a non printing area of 1/4".

HTH
#7818 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm
Bev wrote:Thanks for the reply Josh, - by the way - congratulations on the little one!
Bev
Thx :mrgreen:
#7831 by MtnArch
Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 am
Hey, Josh - I know that this is OT from what this started as, but enjoy your "little one" while you can - they get big SOOO fast!!! My first "baby" turned 19 on Veteran's Day this year!!!! I CAN'T be THAT old!!! I only feel 28 - how can I be 45?!?!?!?

:lol:

Seriously - congratulations, and being a Dad is the BEST thing in the world!!!
#7860 by Steve Scott
Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:32 pm
Congrats, Josh! Is this your first? I must have missed the news
because the posts are almost a week old now.

Our youngest is almost 10 months, and we're not quite done celebrating
his arrival when all of a sudden we need to think about his first birthday
party. Take plenty of pix and video if you can, and keep a log of
firsts and milestones. You won't regret it!
#7863 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:35 pm
MtnArch wrote:Hey, Josh - I know that this is OT from what this started as, but enjoy your "little one" while you can - they get big SOOO fast!!! My first "baby" turned 19 on Veteran's Day this year!!!! I CAN'T be THAT old!!! I only feel 28 - how can I be 45?!?!?!?

Indeed! I will be 48 next month and my youngest (Christopher) turned 11 on the 6th (of Nov.) and my eldest (Jack) turned 14 on the 16th. My day in the delivery room with my wife seems like just yesterday with both. I really can't believe how quickly they have grown. I can still remember falling completely and totally in love with each of them as they were born. It was a feeling that is difficult to verbalize or explain, but I have never been so overwhelmed with emotion in my life.

Josh - Enjoy and bask in this time, it is (IMHO) the true meaning of our lives here. Being a father has given me more satisfaction (and heartburn) than anything else I have done in my life. Yeah it truly changes your life, but in a most unequivocally, positive fashion. Being a "Dad" is a pure gift.

Congrats my friend!

Sincerely,
Dave
#7877 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:23 pm
Ah, ya all made my morning :D . Yup this is my first, and it's pretty cool indeed. I'm looking forward to this weekend being able to spend some "quality" time with Brandon Matthew. I have been so busy moving out of our apt and into my in-laws (not a bad thing), finishing building our house, and playing catch up on work on the weekends. It's been a little overwhelming. My in-laws think I've snapped, cause I've been on this Coco Krispies kick for the last week. I just can't get enough of them for some reason?!

He is changing everyday and I know I need to slow down and enjoy him and seems like this weekend will be the break we all need. I just can't wait till we bust out all the cool toys in the next few months!

Anyone who's really interested can check Brandon out here. Thanks again for all the kind words, have a great weekend and don't forget to thank the "Man" for all our blessing and gifts!
#7883 by Paul Nida
Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:48 pm
He looks like a keeper Josh, congratulations.