Post off topic threads here.
#609 by Mark Toce
Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:52 pm
We have enhanced the DataCAD forum to allow you to receive email notification of new posts in a particular forum, or in a particular thread in a forum. The notification includes the entire text of each post, along with the link to view the topic.

The link to subscribe to a forum can be found in the lower left corner of the main page of the selected forum:

The link to subscribe to a particular thread can be found in the lower left corner at the end of the thread:

Last edited by Mark Toce on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1195 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:30 am
Is there a simple way to have the forum show a list of all posts, sorted by topic and/or time, since my last visit. This would be a reasonable substitute for the digest. I could visit once a day, see all the posts, all topics, in a list sorted by time and topic. This forum is much more "professional" and is the method used by most others, but I don't have time to just poke around to see what's being discussed, that's where the digest was/is really neat.
#1196 by devinder
Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:51 am
After you login to the forum. Click on the "View posts since last visit (XX)" link on the Right corner (Just below Log out [UserName]). This will display posts from all the forums in single page since you last logged out. Just remember to Logout rather than closing the browser window.
#1197 by Steve Baldwin
Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:24 pm
Does the "View posts since last visit (XX)" work using cookies? I quite regularly clear out my cookies and other history stuff from my browser.
#1201 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:59 pm
Hi Steve,

No, the time of your last visit is stored in an SQL database.

Dave
#10515 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:57 am
Hello,

You should add the DataCAD file icon to this web site, so that it shows up next to the bookmark! In it's absence, I get the Google 'G' here at work, and the Linspire logo at home...

[Edit: I'm using FireFox 1.0X both places. I have FF 1.5 on my new machine, so I'll see how it goes...]
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10517 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:27 am
The faviocn has been working for me with IE6 it's only in the address bar. Since I've been using IE7 beta, it also in the favorites.
#10519 by Greg Blandin
Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:35 pm
FF 1.5 here...

It's in the address bar but not on my links toolbar.

I had tried clearing cache and cookies and resetting it and what not, but it's a no go.
#10530 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:48 am
Hello,

Greg Blandin wrote:FF 1.5 here...

It's in the address bar but not on my links toolbar.

I had tried clearing cache and cookies and resetting it and what not, but it's a no go.

Same for me in FireFox 1.5 (on my new Athlon 64 X2 4200+ machine!). Other favicons are fine in both versions of FireFox -- just the DataCAD one is not working, or not working correctly?
#10559 by Greg Blandin
Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:24 pm
Hard to say....

I ahve a couple other links that have favicons in the address bar but not on the link bar. Though I do have links that have both. Figured it had to do with the site itself.
#12875 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:13 pm
At some point the address https://www.datacad.com/bbs/index.php pointed to this forum. Sometime in the last week it stopped working. The path that should be used now is http://forum.datacad.com FWIW.
#12876 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:38 pm
Hello Josh,

joshhuggins wrote:At some point the address https://www.datacad.com/bbs/index.php pointed to this forum. Sometime in the last week it stopped working. The path that should be used now is http://forum.datacad.com FWIW.

Yes, and I'll bet that this is why the number of posts has (seemed) to have dropped off? Maybe Dave or Mark needs to send out an email notice?

I just checked -- the link in the DataCAD/Help menu works -- I wonder how that is...
#12877 by joshhuggins
Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:02 pm
A redirection & notification page should be placed at https://www.datacad.com/bbs/index.php for a while to notify of the change so others can change/update their favorites & other methods used to access the site IMHO.

[Edit] Also, this is effecting the Google search engine feature for the site too, as some of the searches pointed to the old address. It will take a couple weeks until Google "crawls" across the whole Datacad domain again and updates it's database. For now if your using the the Google search and your search links dump you at the forum main page, try using the Google Cached link to pull up the information.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.