Post off topic threads here.
#707 by Greg Blandin
Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:12 pm
I'm trying to get into the utilites menu on a very old compac armada 7770 laptop.

Manual says to hit F10 at a certain point but it doesn't work. I need to change the boot order so that it does the CD drive first so I can boot from a CD I have.

Any suggestions at how I can fix/work around this?

Thanks

Greg
#708 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:52 pm
Hi Greg:

You mean the BIOS, right? It is usually one of two keys: F1 or Delete, but it also can be Escape. I would just hit all three in succession, fairly quickly, during the POST. There also may be a way to suppress the "logo" image and let you actually see the text, which will tell you which key to hit. IHTH
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#709 by Greg Blandin
Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:54 pm
I assume it was the BIOS as well but everything I've read up on it says it's the System utilties.

I've tried everything from the Esc key to all the F keys and even the delete key. No prevail.