Post off topic threads here.
#9248 by joe
Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:31 pm
way back when... I had a little program called clean.exe that you could run from the command prompt to delete mass amounts of .bak and .asv files. I think the program was created by Brian Galm (an old Dcad user). With 25+ users on a network this was great to run now and again to free up drive space on the network. Now that DataCad creates .dbk files rather than .bak, it won't work. Do any of you have an easy way to delete all .dbk files from a given location?

Thanks,
#9251 by Greg Blandin
Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:43 pm
The fun way is to go to the location and search for *.dbk.

It will list all the .dbk files.

I don't think you need the asterick either, but to be safe you can use it.
#9258 by joe
Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:22 pm
I was hoping for a faster way. With the old clean program all you had to do was type clean-bak h: and it would search and destroy all bak files in every directory and sub-directory in one pass. I guess I could go it old school but it would be fun to catch up to the slacker generation.
#9259 by Greg Blandin
Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Bah....click on c: and select search. That hit's your whole c: drive.

You can even go up a level and it will search through your network.
#9273 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:08 pm
I do exactly what Greg suggests and it works fine. Another great part of doing the windows search is you can sort the files by date. I tend not to delete the dbk file of current projects. If a file ends up being currupt the dbk files can be a life saver in a pinch. I know but Datacad's support team does a great job restoring bad files, however it takes time to get those back, sometimes time you don't have.