Post off topic threads here.
#716 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:47 pm
Hello,

I couldn't explain it at all.

From a moment that I can't identify (near three months I guess), and nor justify, my dialogs in ALL Windows applications (including DataCAD), shows the file list upside-down.

Instead of the regular folders in first place, and after the folders the files, in crescent alphabetical order, the list is upside down, with the files starting by the last letters (Z, Y, ...) and at the end of the list the folders, all in the inverse alphabetical order.

It is happening in two of our 17 machines in the office, including mine, and I need to slide the rule at the end, or hit the "details" option for detailed file list, and click again in the head to get it in order.

It is very very annoying!!!

Anyone has a tip for a reason ?
Any idea helps.

Pentium IV
256 MB RAM
Windows 98 S/E

Thanks,
Miguel
#719 by Mark Toce
Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:15 pm
Miguel Palaoro wrote:Hello,

I couldn't explain it at all.

From a moment that I can't identify (near three months I guess), and nor justify, my dialogs in ALL Windows applications (including DataCAD), shows the file list upside-down.

Instead of the regular folders in first place, and after the folders the files, in crescent alphabetical order, the list is upside down, with the files starting by the last letters (Z, Y, ...) and at the end of the list the folders, all in the inverse alphabetical order.

It is happening in two of our 17 machines in the office, including mine, and I need to slide the rule at the end, or hit the "details" option for detailed file list, and click again in the head to get it in order.

It is very very annoying!!!

Anyone has a tip for a reason ?
Any idea helps.

Pentium IV
256 MB RAM
Windows 98 S/E

Thanks,
Miguel

Hi Miguel:

I'm pretty sure its a Windows setting. Try this:

Open Windows Explorer and click the Name column header to sort alphabetically A-Z. Press and hold the [Ctrl] key while clicking the [x] in the upper right corner to close the Window. The next time you open Windows Explorer, it should show in the correct order.
#721 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:39 pm
Very Well Mark, you are right.

I had tried to configure in several ways Explorer, but when comming back it wouldn't fix it.

This time it is working fine for DataCAD 10 & 11, and Word Pad whic are my most frequent applications.
Just one exception I have noted, in MS-Word it keeps the same way as before, but this will not be actually a big problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
Miguel