Post off topic threads here.
#727 by MtnArch
Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:59 am
All -

I just ran across a couple of tapes that I **know** that I didn't transfer to 5.25"/3.5"/CD. Is there anyone who could:
1) Tell me which tape drive would access these (so I can search on Ebay), or
2) Take these and read them, then transfer them to CD so that I can (somehow) start to translate them.

These are from my pre-DC days, include many different types of files.
#729 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:50 am
Hi Alan.

I have a really old Colorado Jumbo 250 that _may_ be able to read them. Do you by chance remember what the original O.S./Backup utility that preformed the backup was?

Aaron
#752 by MtnArch
Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:35 am
Hi, Aaron -

I decided to spend the $20 on Ebay and bought a new Colorado Jumbo 70 which is supposed to read my QIC-80 tapes (we'll see!!).

My guess is that I saved these with the Colorado Backup software, and the OS would have been DOS 5 or 6.

I'll report back once I get the drive, and once I (attempt) the recovery!
#883 by RParker
Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:14 pm
Alan,
It could possibly be an Iomega format. I recall having an Iomega QIC drive years ago and it wrote to a QIC 40. tape. If the Colorado doesn't work I could try to find the drive in the "pile-o-stuff".
#884 by MtnArch
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:58 am
RParker wrote:Alan,
It could possibly be an Iomega format. I recall having an Iomega QIC drive years ago and it wrote to a QIC 40. tape. If the Colorado doesn't work I could try to find the drive in the "pile-o-stuff".

Hi, Bob -

No, I'm 99.9% sure that what I used was a Colorado Drive, and that I used the Colorado Backup.

The drive that I bought off of Ebay (the Colorado 700) was Brand New, In-the-Box, still sealed with all of the parts, software, manuals, cables, etc. I haven't installed it yet, but will in the next few days. I'll report what I found out after I install it.