Post off topic threads here.
#10252 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 pm
Hello all,

Can anyone direct me to a manufacturer of window frames which have little or no window frame profile. I am desiging a master bathroom in which I plan to have a 2'-0" wide floor to ceiling double pane window. I am looking to either find a low profile frame or possibly recess the frame so that the window glazing looks as if it is butting up between to walls without a frame.

Thank you,

Giuseppe
#10253 by MtnArch
Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:25 pm
Guiseppe -

Have you thought about ordering just the sealed unit and mounting it with a jamb casing and stops? That's the way that we used to do single glazed windows here (in the San Joaquin Valley) back in the '70's.
#10262 by Giuseppe Barberio
Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:11 am
Hi MtnArch,

I'm not sure about the details involved. It will be a true window and exposed to the elements on the exterior side. So I would have to detail stops to be weather proof with a rubber gasket of sorts.

This may be the way to go. I'll look into it and see if I can't find a detail of this.

However, I really wood like to find a low profile frame sytem that would work for this application. I will keep researching both options

Thanks a bunch.
#10263 by MtnArch
Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:00 pm
If you're looking for metal windows you might consider Crittall (http://www.crittall-windows.co.uk/) or Blomberg (P.O. Box 2248, Sacramento, CA 95822, Ph: (916) 428-8060, Fax: (916) 422-1967). Both have fairly small profiles.

I've used Blomberg in the past (very nice window, great customer service, higher-end in price) but have no experience with Crittall.

Good luck!
#10343 by Dave
Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:23 am
Have built a number over the years for different clients. Used alloy chair frame with double glazed bead and a special seal on the inside to hide the alloy from view. Some of them were installed with a plaster finish on the outside hiding the alloy frame except for the bottom glazing bead.

Regards Dave