Post off topic threads here.
#10419 by joshhuggins
Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:33 pm
Shot in the dark here, does anyone know how to get a windows shortcut (.lnk) to open in the current window it's run from? I have a shortcut to a network share, and would like it to open in the window I'm viewing. TIA for any ideas.
#10430 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:42 am
O.K. found a work around for the previous post, does anyone remember how to add a simple pause to a bat file? I created a bat file to do some network backup work when our systems startup, but I need a pause to allow the firewall to initalize to allow the network paths to work. Right now it runs, sees no network and ends the batch. TIA.
#10435 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:15 pm
joshhuggins wrote:... but I need a pause to allow the firewall to initalize to allow the network paths to work...

Hi Josh:

Well, if you have access to the Windows NT/2K/2003 Resource Kit, there is a command line tool included called Sleep.

If not, you can create a Wait batch file which you can call from your startup batch file. To do so, create a file call wait.bat in a folder somewhere in your command line's search path. In that file, place the following lines:

Code: Select all@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1000 > nul
@ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul

Now just call wait.bat with the number of seconds you would like your batch file to wait (i.e. "wait 5" would cause your batch file to wait for 5 seconds before proceeding to the next line).

Regards,
Dave
#10438 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:33 pm
I saw that ping idea somewhere while googling, but they were missing the -n switch. Yours works good. Just added the first line to my main batch, revised the 2 to a 10 and that works good for me. Thanks Dave. Probably like breathing for you huh? :mrgreen: