Post off topic threads here.
#10420 by MtnArch
Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:56 am
For those who have had power outages under 40deg F ... I salute you! We just experienced one of the 40 year snow years, where we had 3" of snow which wreaked havoc for almost 24 hours (ie ... no power at all) with no indication from the power company (PG&E, aka Pacific Gas and Electric) as to when it would be restored.

When I designed our house (2 years ago) I opted for underground power - it cost more, but our next door neighbor had his power taken out last night because of fallen trees, with no sign of restoration of power.

Our power came on after almost 22 hours of being off. I had purchased a generator during construction of our house FOR construction of our house, and we were able to use it to let our kids watch a movie while all of the other houses had no power.

I'll never be without a generator (or gas!!) again! For those of you in rural areas ... it's just a matter of time before you experience this! For those of you who have experienced this in the past ... shout the warning!
#10429 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:33 am
My parents were at the frosty shop when it hit, they said it happen so fast, they barely made it home I guess (dad's been know to exaggerate a bit. Guess that's where I get that from huh?). They were pretty jazzed to have snow at Hensley Lake though. Glad your back to the land of the living :D
#10456 by Steve Baldwin
Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:05 am
MtnArch wrote:For those of you in rural areas ... it's just a matter of time before you experience this! For those of you who have experienced this in the past ... shout the warning!

I live in the country. A couple of years back, an ice storm took out the power in the area for nearly a week! It wasn't so bad if you stayed under a pile of covers ... but if you dare come out ... BRRRRRR!!! I actually wanted to get to work early ... for the heat!