Post off topic threads here.
#10434 by David Porter
Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:07 pm
I prefer o2c for quick exterior model looks like when I am making a model to check some odd roof connections or shapes. Hitting Ctrl R gets me right into the model without having to export my in-progress model.

I prefer SketchUp when I am viewing a more complex, rendered, textured, and entourage covered model. I also prefer SketchUp when I am trying to use my model to produce interior views of my building. SketchUp allows one to get down inside the model and walk around on the interior where o2c does not.
#10445 by RPadgett
Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:50 pm
I prefer sketchup, its easier to use and I like the ability to turn on shadows.
#10451 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:30 pm
I'd go along with SketchUp as well. Once V12 comes on the scene we should have the ease of O2C's built-in capabilities in SketchUp.
#10475 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:34 pm
o2c gets my vote. I'm creating in DataCAD anyway. I've tried creating in SketchUp and always manage to screw up the model somehow moving, stretching, deleting something I didn't intend to touch and had it turned off anyway. So, either way, create in DataCAD, but then, the visualization is so easy and painless to go to the o2c plug-in it's a no-brainer. I had a very quick model in front a a school board just last night. The first comment was, "It's sure easy to see when it's in 3d" (Wow, they ought to use that for a slogan). For more fully develped 3d work, I still prefer VR. Anybody else using it at all?