Post off topic threads here.
#11508 by Sinha
Fri May 12, 2006 11:38 am
How can I Save my D11 File in BMP. Not Many programs imports PDF to Paint.
D11 has commands "All Over the Place"
Saveas Bitmap - under File
Saveas PDF and EMF - Under Print Preview...one is tab and the other under file. 2D Symbol explode is burried under 3D Menu (what the heck!!)

D11 Has Saveas in Multiple Formats (which is Good) But whats the point in saving with a black screen. We All print D11 in Black and White but don't have any option to save in Monochrome/ Greyscale or Black & White.

I am just cracking my nerve everytime. Atleast D11 can stay organized and things in context. Seems like commands are placed whereever there is an empty space.

I hope someone in Programming gets what a normal user thinks

Please accept my apologies for this frustration
#11512 by joshhuggins
Fri May 12, 2006 12:00 pm
Usually the quality of Datacad's image output is really bad when you have a lot of information. What I usually do is setup my plan for a full scale plot, plot to a pdf, open the PDF in Adobe Reader, zoom into about 400% - 1600% and use the image select tool (the camera icon) to copy the image to the clipboard, then paste in into my image editor. Works well and the line work stays nice and clean. It is memory intensive, so I'd close down those extra programs while your doing the copy and paste. Then once you have the image in the program, clear the clipboards contents using the clipboard viewer which is located @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe if you do not have a shortcut to it.
#11515 by Paul Nida
Fri May 12, 2006 1:36 pm
Sinha, instead of saving it as a PDF try saving it as a WMF. You get the white background and more programs will edit it than PDF files.
#11517 by Sinha
Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm
I can do all those "walk-arounds" as mentioned by Mr. Joshhuggins and Paul Nida.
But why? Then what is the point of having "Saveas BMP/PNG/TIFF etc, If everytime we have to "walk-around" to get our stuff done.
#11519 by joshhuggins
Fri May 12, 2006 2:17 pm
Sinha wrote:But why? Then what is the point of having "Saveas BMP/PNG/TIFF etc,

I honestly don't know with it's current level of clarity. Would be nice if we could set the resolution and maybe add some selection tools to it too.
#11525 by Sinha
Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 pm
You are right Mr. Josh,
We have planned to download a demo of D12 before buying it. If it still doesn't improve...we are off to Revit. I believe there are many who has had enough
#11527 by Paul Nida
Fri May 12, 2006 5:34 pm
Personally, I don't really consider WMF files as a work around. Because I would rather work with a WMF file than a BMP file. So that is a personal preference.