Post off topic threads here.
#11965 by Dick Eades
Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:59 pm
I'm having a problem with my USB hard drives. They had been running OK for about 6 weeks and after a brief power glitch they will no longer work.

When I try to connect them to the laptop or any other computer, they are seen briefly in the hardware manager and then disappear. The hardware manager lists that there is no driver for the device. The drivers listed are USBSTOR.sys and hpusbfd.sys. I have replacements for both of these files but don't have a way to "install" them. So I think I need to either reinstall the "drivers" or find a way to clean out the registry entries for these devices so they will start over.

I have gotten nowhere with ADS tech support after a month of posting to their support system.

I need to get these drives working in their enclosures. The drives will work fine when I connect them in either a drive tray, or directly to a hd controller. So the problem is either with the enclosures or the drivers.