Post off topic threads here.
#12371 by artmanvt2000
Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:42 pm
We are currently doing a new warehouse/shipping center for a local company. The exterior shell of the building is to be constructed using insulated concrete forms (which we have never down before) with a stucco exterior finish. I am looking for details of how to approach the installation of the overhead doors at the loading docks. I am concerned that if the door seals are installed directly on the exterior rigid insulatoin that it will cause the stucco to crack and collapse the rigid insulation. Any details or help will be greatly appreciated.
#12380 by wolverine
Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 am
Hope this isn't too late. Simpson makes a ledger connection system for ICF's we have detailed in the past. Check out their website www.strongtie.com

If this isn't what your looking for take a look at the details for ICF block on the eco-block website, www.eco-block.com
They have a head/sill detail for different width ICF walls.

Good Luck!
#12381 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 am
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, however I have already looked at both. I am series looking at using the simpson concection to assist my detail. I have looked at several ICF manufacturer's websites and haven't found anything on their websites for overhead details, just generic standard details.