Post off topic threads here.
#85 by Martell
Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:46 am
Is it possible to get a new menue, where you can share symbols with other users?
Maybe links, maybe uploads.
Symbols forces the productivity, and why should I draw a new sybmbol, if someone other has drawn this symbol before.

Best regards.
#88 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:13 am
Hi Martell:

You can do this already, and with the v11 Symbol Browser (SB) it is quite easy: just store *all* of your symbols in a network folder that is shared with other users. Then browse to that folder and viola!

The beauty of the SB is that you no longer have to have the template paths match each and every user's path to that network folder...
#89 by Martell
Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am
Hello Neil,
I doesn`t mean this for the LAN.
I want to exchange symbols here in the BBS.
Sorry for my bad English. Long time ago that I must speak/write it.
Hope it will be better and better.

Best regards
#90 by Tony Blasio
Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am
Neil,

I think Martell was asking about a global (ie internet) location where symbols could be shared with other users everywhere. At least that was my take, correct me if I am wrong Martell.

I think it would be a great asset to have a free repository of DataCAD items: symbols, linetypes, hatch patterns, etc..

Don't get me wrong I love the Cheap Tricks Ware but a free repository would be very useful. I used to have a web-site where I posted items freely. Josh Huggins has one starting up now. Maybe DataCAD could be convinced to host items for share as well.
#93 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:38 am
Hello Martell:

Martell wrote:I doesn`t mean this for the LAN.
I want to exchange symbols here in the BBS.
Sorry for my bad English. Long time ago that I must speak/write it.
Hope it will be better and better.

Oh, I misunderstood what you meant. And I am sure glad that I don't have to try and do this in another language! My German skills are non-existent! :oops: You are doing just fine, and yes, I'm sure that you'll get better at it!
#100 by Mark Toce
Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 am
Martell wrote:Is it possible to get a new menue, where you can share symbols with other users?
Maybe links, maybe uploads.
Symbols forces the productivity, and why should I draw a new sybmbol, if someone other has drawn this symbol before.

Best regards.

I'm afraid we have not yet enabled upload capabilities. If you have a site which can host files, you can post a link that will enable download, but unfortunately this site cannot host the files.
#168 by Martell
Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:23 pm
Hmm,
I will look to get some space from our server.
Maybe the internet server, maybe one of our internal servers.
For the german people I got the following download:
http://www.team-anymotion.de/DC_Arch_Symbole.exe
It´s a german installation. I will translate it to english soon as possible.
There are a lot of 2D and 3D symbols. Ca 3000 symbols. 11MB big.
Maybe something for every one.

Best regards
#368 by Rocket468
Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:44 am
Ty for your symbols. I had a friend translate the folder names for me. To make it quicker navigating. I wish more people would post there stuff. I am working on uploading some of what I think people would use of my stuff.
#539 by SkylineArch
Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:34 am
i will upload some of my templates if someone can set up a site. I think this would be great.

maybe an FTP site

it would be nice if it were set up so you had to upload in order to download. even if it was a 1:3 ratio.