Post off topic threads here.
#49254 by Guest
Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 am
wonderful blog :D
#49283 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 pm
THEY HAVE STOPPED THE OIL SPEW!

It may only be temporary -- they are testing to see what happens inside the well. If there is damage, and it starts leaking, they will have to open the valves again to keep the ground from eroding and collapsing; which would be a horrible outcome.

So, keep your fingers crossed! They might be able to cap this thing...
#49778 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:41 pm
(click on image for link)

"Read it, please. Straight through to the end. Whatever else you were planning to do next, nothing could be more important." —Barbara Kingsolver

I agree. Please read "Eaarth". Check it out from your local library, or buy it and pass it along to someone.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=phytoplankton-population
#50017 by materman
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm
**Phytoplankton Population Drops 40 Percent **

Probably those damned whales again. We should ask our Japanese friends to make a better effort at it and maybe our Norwegian friends want to come back to the hunt.
#50049 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:14 pm
I have migrated my blog! As you may or may not have noticed, my signature now has a new URL:

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Vox is closing down, and I have migrated my stuff before I had to (or lost it all). I will have to go back through it all and fix broken links, update pictures and videos, and redo all the tags... whew.

But the main migration has already be done!
#50525 by Nick Pyner
Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:45 pm
But down amongst the usual hare-brained junk, there are some pretty good efforts.

Including this very "Smart" effort from Nissan in 1997.........