Post off topic threads here.
#18661 by Ted B
Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:49 pm
For those who use Sketch-up 3 or Sketch-up 5 as their other-pencil along with Datacad, Google-SU has released a free major up-grade.

A word of warning; there's a land-office rush going-on, so the response times have been slow getting the new license-numbers to unlock the license. Apparently the site got overwhelmed and they had some problems that are getting sorted-out over the weekend...hopefully. So far I've been waiting 48-hrs. now for the new serial-number code. I'll deal with it on Monday or Tuesday, I guess.
#18673 by Greg Blandin
Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:33 am
When you do upgrade and open SU6 for the first time, take a quick second to go through the initial default set up.

Takes 10 seconds and can help you get it to what your used to seeing.
#18687 by MtnArch
Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am
One other thing ... the Pro version is free only for those who paid for V5 Pro. V6 (not the Pro version) is free for all.

It took about 48~50 hours for me to get my upgrade license number, so be patient!
#18731 by hh660
Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:55 pm
The way I understand it, if you purchased any previous version, you qualify for a free update!

Stephen
#18802 by Dick Eades
Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:41 pm
t took about 48~50 hours for me to get my upgrade license number, so be patient!

I guess I was lucky. I logged in Saturday morning ~10:30 and mine went right through in a matter of minutes.
#19257 by AT2
Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 pm
we get 2 licence, any idea how to upgrade it to the network?

AT
#19260 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:25 pm
Hello,

Stephen is correct -- the update is free for any previous Pro version.

I had to call them on the phone to ask for the email confirmation to be sent from a person's account -- because my ISP (Verizon) blocks emails from their automated system. Funny thing is, they fail to block lots and lots of automated Spam... :roll: :?

It comes with a Beta program called Layout, that appears to be a simple sort of CAD and plotting program.