Post off topic threads here.
#40377 by materman
Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.
#40388 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:11 am
materman wrote:There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.
Nice.
#40449 by Steve Scott
Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm
After a few too many:

"Prohibited alcoholic beverages served. Prosecutors will be violated."
#44012 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:39 pm
"Rather than a facultative relic of the locomotion needs of our quadrupedal ancestors, arm swinging is an integral part of the energy economy of human gait."
-- Steven Collins and researchers from the U.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands
#44019 by Chris M. Giesselman
Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 pm
"Ca gee whaaaaaaaa"

David A. Giesselman, most nights.
#44024 by marcus
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 am
“Based upon interdisciplinary considerations, the by-product of repetitive space articulation necessitates that urgent considerations be made of the study of true fecundity in the state of art.”
Unknown author - from the “Do-It-Yourself Architectural Dialogue” chart on how to compose 40,000 impressive sentences to form gobbledygook statements that sound profound.
#44042 by Nick Pyner
Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm
marcus wrote:Unknown author

It was probably the current prime minister of Australia.
#44208 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:54 am
Charles M. Schulz wrote:Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
#44209 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am
unknown author wrote:Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
#49304 by MtnArch
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm
Just found another one:

"Never let the fact they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right."
#49755 by Guest
Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:23 am
"Everything in life is luck."
Donald Trump
#49822 by Guest
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:38 pm
Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.
Dr Seuss
#49962 by Rick Oswalt
Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 am
Can't remember where I got the first four.

In a perfect world, appealing to reason would nip a nasty confrontation in the bud. But in real life, there's no accounting for taste or hostility.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

What we really learned here is smart people have caller ID and don't take surveys.

The greatest gift you can give someone is your time because when you are giving someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you will never get back.

"If at all possible, see with your own eyes what a situation is. No matter what is written and who wrote it, it's skewed. That's the nature of things. See for yourself." James Horecka

“Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.” Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972) 
#50511 by George Robertson
Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 pm
"If it were not for all the colleges and Universities we have, Boston would be Newark".

He also conducted the best, most in depth and informative Architectural tour of Boston I could have gotten. He had spent a lifetime reading about Boston architecture, historic and modern, while he waited for fairs at cab stands. He was first in line at my hotel. I had an hour to kill. I just got in the asked the driver to drive me over to a cruise ship terminal I wanted to see, and then to kill the hour giving me a tour and orientation to the city on the way back. The guy was the best informed architectural tour guide I have ever had, in any city anywhere.