Post off topic threads here.
#1851 by Graeme
Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:41 pm
I was wondering if any of you know of any decent software that you can put in different hours worked on different projects within the day. Something that could keep tabs on the amount of hours worked in a week, and if at all possible maybe how many hours worked on each project. I have been thinking about drawing one up in Excel, but would prefer to buy one if possible.

I am not sure what others use. Maybe some insight would be nice. :idea:

Thanks for your help....
#1858 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:01 pm
I use BillQuick, which will allow link into QuickBooks as well. You can download a 45 day trial at www.billquick.com.

And a cool cheap trick is to download BillQuick 2004 Lite (here's the website: http://www.billquick.com/billquicklite.htm). You download the full version, and if you don't pay for the full version after the 45 day trial it will lock out certain features which you can get along without. Every so often BillQuick will also offer Lite users the 2-user version for only $95!!

What I like the most about BillQuick is that one of the professions that is already built in is architecture. It's a very powerful program ... check it out!!
#1893 by Graeme
Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:20 pm
Thanks for your help .... :D
#2204 by Ted B
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:15 pm
I use a share-ware program Time-toTime that lives on my Ipaq. It lets me track time by project and description, and interfaces with Quickbooks for billing. I like it for two reasons;

1. My Ipaq is very portable and often I'm not actually working at my PC. I can carry the Ipaq around the office or even out into the field and still track time.

2. It's flexible enough that I can add or subtract time, or record after the fact an event and time.

I find it let's me get better control over my billable hours. And most of the work in my architecural practice is hourly-billed...or percentage of contract or fixed-fee and retainer...so losing track of billable hours gets expensive.

I hate billing timesheets.