Post off topic threads here.
#2129 by Dick Eades
Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:56 pm
I find that the "number of posts since last visit" feature is giving me some bogus numbers. Just now it said there were 16 posts since my last visit and clicking on the link brought up only 3 messages in 2 topics. I hadn't been in in 3-4 days and this morning it said there were 75, but I'm certain I didn't read that many messages after clicking on the link. Am I missing some threads?
#2171 by Philip Hart
Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:20 am
I have experienced the same problem. When I logged in just now, the Forum reported that there were 53 new posts since my last visit. When I went to look at them, there were 6 topics with (I think) a total of 7 new postings.

I had checked the forum over the weekend from home, so there might be an issue with cookies on this system vs. the one at home. However, I have experienced the same problem when all of my access has been from one system. Last Friday, for instance, I logged on and was told that there were two new postings. When I went to check them, none appeared.

I know that there is a hidden section for beta testers (it was accidentally avaiable at one point); could the postings listed as new be one in "hidden" areas of the forum?
#2175 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:41 am
I am also seeing that the numbers shown when I log in are **way** off. It has been this way for quite some time. I am "watching" almost all of the forums, and typically read the text version sent to my e-mail, from my online web mail. I then go from there to log in to see if I have any new private messages, and to take a quick check to see if anything appears to be in the new posts list that didn't go to my e-mail, and to theoretically clear the list. It sometimes even shows that there are new post since my last visit, then when I click on the link, turns around and says there is nothing new, with nothing listed.
#2176 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:51 am
...Right now, mine shows 51 new posts. When clicking the link, I get 7 topics, which has a total of 21 posts, including my own previous one, and others that should not be "new".
#2180 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:44 am
Working fine here, sorry.
#2185 by Brian Engebretson
Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:29 pm
I have the same problem. I like Philip’s theory about the hidden Beta tester section. Josh not having a problem is probably evidence to that fact.
#2187 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:05 pm
That probably is the case, that it is showing the count for the beta board. Mark T. any ideas?
#2476 by Dick Eades
Thu May 05, 2005 11:16 am
Something else on this one. Sometimes I log in and begin reading posts only to be interrupted and end up leaving before I have read all the "posts since last visit". When I return, I find that the number has been reset (I think) and then I don't know which ones I've missed as they appear to have been marked as read even though I have not actually read them. I know I could do a search, but I don't know when was the time before the last visit.
#2479 by joshhuggins
Thu May 05, 2005 12:04 pm
Would be nice if there was a way to mark a message board as read last. I usually just set the search to 1 day since I check in every day.