Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#45296 by Pate
Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 am
Anyone have experience using the Wacom Touch Pad with DataCAD?
#45297 by Michael Olney
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:12 pm
I use a Wacom Intuos 2 with DataCAD at home. I have the pen tip set to the default Left-Click, one button set for Middle-Click, and one button set to Right-Click and this seems to work pretty well with DataCAD. The only real disadvantage that I've seen is the lack of a wheel for zooming.

What I would really like to eventually get is the Cintiq 21UX: http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-21ux.php

I know that there are a few others on this forum that use various tablets from Wacom. Do you have any specific questions?
#45373 by Dick Eades
Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm
I have two Wacom Bamboos and both are pen tablets. I saw a Bamboo Touch at Best Buy and bought it but found out later that it was touch only and not a pen pad so I returned it. What i would like to try is the Pen and Touch which incorporates both methods into the tablet. The advantage here is when you need to simply reposition the cursor it is often awkward to pick up the pen, move the cursor, and then put the pen down in the holder. For those situations a large touch pad might be the ideal compromise provided that both inputs can be maintained without having to switch something in the software. One other advantage of the Pen and Touch is the support for multiple touch points and gestures such as the pinch and spread that iPhone users are familiar with.

One disadvantage of the Bamboo is when you have to spread its resolution over two large monitors. I would love to see them incorporate a keystroke to switch from one monitor to the other without having to pull up a dialog each time.

If I get a Pen and Touch I may have two Bamboos for sale at a very reasonable price.