Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#46891 by Rick Oswalt
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 pm
I just installed a new cultured stone on a spec house by Silvermine Stone Company www.silverminestone.com
It is easy and fast to install. Great in cold weather no mortar. Has a integrated flashing that acts as the nailing flange. Approx. $12-14/sqft installed.

#46900 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 am
Thanks Rick, I've been researching for just this type of product to install myself. Looks promising.
#46992 by Rick Oswalt
Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 am
As you can see there is about 6" of snow up near the house(2 feet in the woods).I have been plowing the snow away. That morning it was about 10 degrees, by afternoon the temp. went up to 28. The fact that I don't have to tent and heat the building. Then haul and heat water and sand for mortar. This product is a dream come true in northern Wisconsin.
Myself and one helper installed the stone in the photos in 12 hours including prepping the walls and windows and making the timber corners. This amount of traditional cultured stone would have taken a week to install and a lot of resources.
I have decided to add approx. 300 sqft more to the project. After I get the additional stone and the siding on I'll post some more pictures.