Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#59442 by Stuart Jackson
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm
Anyone have a preferred 3D Mouse for use with DataCAD and SketchUp?

I'm looking at a 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator or SpaceMouse Pro, anyone have pros or cons they want to mention?

I''ve already hear one source complain they don't work with Revit.
#59445 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 pm
I've seen people who use software where you can manipulate your view in 3D space rave about them. I don't know how normal mouse use or Datacad would work with it.
#59453 by Stuart Jackson
Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 am
Guess I wait until Monday then order one and give it a try, can always return it to Amazon if it's buggy. Nothing like being the guinea pig.

Thanks Neil, I sent the question to Tech Support on using with DataCAD.
#59596 by Okcsailing
Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:53 pm
The 3D mouse works great in Sketch up, The "A" word products, and I think it worked in cadsoft back when I played with it. I have one on loan to me debating on weather upgrade to newer one. I have the old $100.00 version.

I manly use it in sketch up, with SU_Podium. Still can not get the results a friend of mine did for me in the "A" word program. :(
#63765 by seasdes
Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:36 am
I would like to get some feedback on the 3D connexion products. Do they work in Datacad. I also use FormZ and FormZ users rave about them.
#63786 by fsoliver
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 pm
Works great with SU. Can move the model with the 3D Connexion mouse and edit with the 3 button mouse in the other hand. I tried it with o2c and it doesn't seem to work. I just got ver16 and will try it again with o2c and shader and let you know if I get it to work.
#63789 by seasdes
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:08 pm
fsoliver wrote:Works great with SU. Can move the model with the 3D Connexion mouse and edit with the 3 button mouse in the other hand. I tried it with o2c and it doesn't seem to work. I just got ver16 and will try it again with o2c and shader and let you know if I get it to work.

Thanks for the feedback. I have ordered a 3D Connexion Navigator as a trial for use with FormZ. Should arrive today. I will post my feed back here.
#63974 by seasdes
Wed May 07, 2014 6:48 pm
I have bought the SpaceMouse. It works fine for Shetchup and FormZ. However, I cannot get it to work with DataCAD.
It takes a little while to get used to (a bit like using a joystick for the old timers).
#64258 by Stuart Jackson
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:15 pm
Sorry for the rather late reply on this post.

The 3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro I purchased off Amazon worked well in SketchUp and made model manipulation a pleasure. Unfortunately the drivers are not compatible with DataCAD nor are there any plans to make them so. So if anyone likes writing code the developer information on the site is there and they offered any help they could.

The SpaceMouse Pro also arrived with a broken button so was later returned. I plan on buying the basic "puck" as the replacement since the extra programmable buttons seemed to be more than I'd need.

I'd still like to hear any comments from other users who have tried them, maybe with a different product.

PS, the SpaceMouse "puck" is now available in a wireless model. http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spa ... eless.html
#65812 by Robert Scott
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:42 pm
This looks promising especially for us that use Sketchup along with DataCAD: http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/cadmouse
#65814 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 pm
Very cool ... the only thing I wish it had (now) was being wireless.