Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#65815 by Robert Scott
Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:06 pm
I often find with wireless a small hesitation in response although I keep both by my mouse pad and switch back and forth.
Quite a discussion going on their Facebook page in regards to wireless and their reasoning to not launch wireless now.
#65816 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 pm
I can understand the argument against wireless right now - I'd probably advocate the same as well. If it works corded, you can use it now and upgrade later if you really need/want the wireless aspect.

It may not necessarily stop me from going with it if it isn't wireless, but I won't NOT buy it just because it ISN'T wireless.
#65821 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:18 am
I'm kind of interested in their CAD mouse. Only thing is I think I would miss my MX518's variable DPI. :? Have to wait for the reviews.
#65822 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:19 am
Thanks Robert - that does look sweet. The dedicated middle button alone would make it a keeper. I have to assume they built the buttons with robust switches. The 2m cord is braided which is a good sign. I would also hope for a wireless version.

Josh, good point on the adjustable DPI - my Ouroboros mouse is set to 2400DPI for good CAD tracking. 8400 is way too fast; unless they have really smooth acceleration and/or adjustable tracking speed.

Any idea of the price, and/or where it is available?
#65824 by Robert Scott
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:23 am
All I could find pricing was this from the FB link: available at the end of February. Pricing depends on location of course but in Europe it will be around 99 EUR (ex tax)

I have signed up to be notified from the company when this is available for purchase.

One thing to note is this mouse is designed to work with the spacemouse on the left hand...doesn't leave many hand left for typing :)

Bob
#65918 by Robert Scott
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Looking forward to being able to give this a test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRJlA8HSCao
#66000 by Stuart Jackson
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm
Yep, and I got this in reply to asking about a wireless version:

"Thank you for your interest in 3Dconnexion. At this time we do not have any immediate plans to release a wireless CadMouse."
#66902 by MtnArch
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:14 pm
Well ... I know this post is a little old, but I was the lucky raffle winner on Sketchucation.com of a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless this month and just received it! For the price I paid it's an INCREDIBLE mouse (heavy AND big)!! ;-)

Now that I've got it, I'd love to hear how others (hint, hint ... Stuart and Robert!) how you're using it, how (and if) it interfaces with Dcad, etc. So far, it appears to zoom pretty nice in Dcad, but doesn't appear to pan (with the default set up). Are there any adjustments I should/need to make? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
#66903 by wvar
Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:22 am
I have been using the Space mouse now for nearly a year. It works great for 3D work in Bricscad and Sketchup. However, it does not work with Datacad. The learning curve is very short and you wonder how you worked without it after a while. Its like having an extra hand. You may need to adjust the speed settings while you are learning so that it is not too fast or too slow.
#66908 by Stuart Jackson
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am
Lucky you Alan, enjoy it! Worked great for me in SketchUp but I decided the wireless puck was all I needed. If you're in the mood the developer page has all the tools to make it DataCAD compatible.
#66916 by Robert Scott
Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:15 pm
Lucky you Alan!

No feedback from me...I've yet to order the CAD mouse or the spacemouse. Looking at the comments here I should get a 'round tuit' soon.

Robert