Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#61056 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm
We recently purchased a new large format scanner. We are looking to utilize the use of the scanner to convert hand drawings to CAD format. We have tried using the program Any PDF to DWG Converter, which worked great for pdf's that were created from the CAD software. The drawings that were generated from scanned drawings were very rough and crude, too much time was spent editing. In the process of researching another program, I learned that jpg or tiff conversion is very different than pdf conversion.

I have found this program that appears to be exactly what we need. It is called Print2CAD 2013. It states that it has an OCR that will convert text to fonts, recognize arcs and hatches. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this software and had any information that they can share.

Thanks to all that can help.
#61060 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm
Don't mean to hijack your topic, but what scanner did you go with? We are looking to buy one just to scan in our old hand drawn plans and then have to scan stuff occasionally as needed.
#61062 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:49 pm
We needed to update our plotter too, so we got a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF760 MFP M40. It works great, the plotter is fast!. The only quirk we don't like is if you directly scan and print (creating copies) the sheet sizes can be different lengths. I find it better to scan everything to pdf's, then print all the pdf's. It will save scans as pdf's or jpg's.