Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#65367 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:21 am
The best thing about (most?) gaming mice is the scroll wheel does not tilt, so object snapping is easier / better.

What is the battery life on the G700S? It is set up very similarly to the Razer Ouroboros I am using. It makes it about a day and a half, so you have to charge it overnight, or plug in the cable; which lets you just keep going.
#65376 by joshhuggins
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:The best thing about (most?) gaming mice is the scroll wheel does not tilt, so object snapping is easier / better.
For sure! Can't stand the tilt wheels.
Neil Blanchard wrote:What is the battery life on the G700S?
Not sure. The gaming mice tend to not have the power saving features so I'd guess it's not great, but I game also and rather have the quicker response. I swap my eneloop batteries on everything else I use so that's not a big deal for me and I don't mind swapping batteries when I start the day or as needed.
#65381 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm
My Razer only says 12 hours (or is it 15?) and that is good for most of the time, if you remember to charge it. The single AA NiMh is HUGE (2700mAh) compared to the eneloops, and it is slow to remove it. So I just swap the cord from the base / antenna to the mouse and keep going.

Edit: my son says the G700S has an 1800mAh battery that lasts ~1 day.

That's the advantage of the G602 - an estimated 250 hours of use on the batteries.
#66345 by Neil Blanchard
Sat May 02, 2015 11:15 pm
We have a winnah! The Logitech G602 gaming mouse has 250 hours of battery life in full performance mode, and up to 1440 hours in endurance mode.

$80 and they sell it at Best Buy, so you can see it before you buy.

You can ignore the six thumb buttons, or use then for custom stuff. The scroll wheel is detented and does not tilt, so that is good on both counts. And the buttons are rated for 20 million clicks.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse
#66348 by MtnArch
Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am
Bestbuy.com shows it for $54.99, and eBay has them for under and over that amount - but under $80 for almost all of them!
#66349 by David A. Giesselman
Sun May 03, 2015 5:43 am
If it were rechargeable, that would be about perfect! That's why I love my Logitech MX Revolution Laser mouse, I just toss it on its recharging stand about once a week. I have the button behind the top wheel programmed for middle button.
mx.jpg
mx.jpg (15.26 KiB) Viewed 25632 times

Dave
#66350 by Paul Nida
Sun May 03, 2015 3:03 pm
I have been using the G602 for a while now and love it. I like the extra thumb buttons and have them programmed for different things in DCAD. The location of the thumb buttons are good too. They're not directly under your thumb but are easy to reach.
#66353 by joshhuggins
Sun May 03, 2015 4:26 pm
Couple questions on the G602. Can you program the G10 & G11 buttons for use other than the DPI toggles? Yup. So, some older reviews say the G10 & G11 buttons feel loose. What's your opinion on them? Do you find your fingers straddling them and the main button? Thanks.
#66356 by Paul Nida
Sun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm
I don't really use the G10 and 11 buttons very much. I prefer using the thumb buttons and keeping my fingers on the 3 main buttons, left, right and middle/wheel. I may mess around with the G10 and 11 buttons tomorrow if I have time. But being engrained in using the old 3 button mouse for so long, they just don't feel as natural to me.
#66359 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 04, 2015 10:31 am
The G602 can use rechargeable batteries, so in one sense I like that better than a recharging base - just charge a second pair, and swap them out. My Razer Ouroborous is rechargeable on the base, but if the battery runs low in the middle of work, I have to plug it into the USB cord, to keep working. Changing the battery can be done, but it a pain.

Mice that are designed for gaming are likely to last a lot longer.
#66362 by Ted B
Tue May 05, 2015 12:52 am
I've given up on cordless mice, and gone back to using a Kensington ProFit. I like the shape and there are so many cords snaking between my desk and the PC tower that one more isn't a deal-breaker. The only odd thing I've noticed is that for a corded USB mouse, there can be a bit of time-lag invoking menu icons and pulldowns; not just in Datacad, but also in Sketch-up Pro and Layout. I find I'm using SU and Layout a lot these days -- sorry Datacad !!

I'm thinking that I may have to up-grade the graphics card, and maybe the main memory.
#66363 by joshhuggins
Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 am
Ted B wrote:The only odd thing I've noticed is that for a corded USB mouse, there can be a bit of time-lag invoking menu icons and pulldowns; not just in Datacad, but also in Sketch-up Pro and Layout.
If it is mouse related, I would check the drivers for that mouse if any custom drivers are loaded. If it's a pretty standard 2-3 button mouse would try to stick with windows default drivers if possible.
#66369 by Ted B
Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 am
I'm using the Windows default drivers now, that's why I suspect it some latency-issue with the graphics card.
It's not a huge problem, I just have take the time to be deliberate and 'click' in the center of an icon or pull-down to be sure it "hears me".
#66392 by joshhuggins
Tue May 12, 2015 4:33 pm
Oh no! Look who came to play today! Was walking thru Best buy picking up a new UPS for our server and thought I'd see how the G602 felt and they were on sale for 59. So a couple had to come home with me :mrgreen: Like the weight of it and forgot how nice not having a cord was. Thumb buttons are different than what I'm used to on my MX518 but I'm sure I'll get used to them, need to adjust my grip a bit, but that probably good after 10 years with the MX518. Can really see where the rubberized texture had worn off the MX518. Feels like the G602's will holdup better, seems like it's the actual plastic that has a texture to it instead of a rubber coating around the thumb area, but only time will tell. All in all think I'm gonna dig it.
Attachments
20150512_143357.jpg