Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#67417 by RPadgett
Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 am
Anyone planning on getting one of the new Microsoft products? i would love to hear how datacad and sketchup work with these pieces of hardware. Also would love to be able to keep notes in a digital format, too many legal pads floating around!
#67419 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:12 pm
I will be getting either a Pro 4 or Book but not sure which one yet. The review units out in the wild are not the final product, so I am waiting until the final products get reviews to make my decision. Originally I was geared up for a Book, but their have been concerns about the weight of the top causing tipping because it has so much weight in it due to the battery used when in clipboard mode.
#67430 by RPadgett
Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:28 am
Yeah, I have similar concerns, I will be anxious to hear when people are able to do real-world testing with both of the new products.
#68126 by Norm Duffley
Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:19 pm
I've installed X3 on my new Surface Pro4 and am getting really thick lines not only
on drawing lines (set to "1") but also on cursor, grid marks, etc. Maybe it's because
of the 2736 x 1824 resolution. Or maybe because of Windows 10. Any ideas ?

Thanks, Norm

Edit : For a solution to problems with thick or chunky lines on Hi Rez displays
go to .... http://www.datacad.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14525
Last edited by Norm Duffley on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#68127 by David Porter
Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:16 pm
I bought a Surface Pro 4, got it, and returned it before taking it out of the packaging. Guess I didn't completely read all of the specs on the gadget. Only a 13" monitor. I was hoping that the Pro 4 would replace my laptop and my Android tablet. But, I cannot give up 4" of diagonal screen space from my Dell laptop (that really stays on my home desk most of the time) when I use the laptop every night and weekend for my DCAD work. So, if I am keeping my laptop, I don't need another quite expensive tablet to carry around when I am perfectly adapted to my Android tablet. Thus, my returning it to Microsoft.
#68129 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:12 pm
FWIW, the Surface Books have been plagued with issues, I would stay away from this generation.