Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#69561 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:38 am
I will be demonstrating CamScanner tonight at the DBUG meeting at my home. It is an application that turns your smart phone or tablet into a scanner, so you can produce a PDF in less than a minute, and email or text it to someone.

https://www.camscanner.com/

It has a free version, or you can pay $4.99 to get rid of the watermark and ads, or you can pay $4.99 / month or $49.99 / year for the Pro version, and that buys you higher quality scans, OCR, and lot of other features. Full credit for finding this handy app goes to my spouse Mary Frances, who is a librarian.

You put a drawing or document on a flat surface, use CS to take a (relatively) squared up image, and quickly make a PDF.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#69563 by David Porter
Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:41 am
I have used CamScanner for a number of years. I use it more now than my desktop scanner. It is one of the best apps I think ever created. I paid the flat price of $4.99. It gets rid of the "CamScanner" watermark on each scan.

I take all of the sketches made on canary tracing paper from a client meeting and scan each in with CamScanner, save them out to a single PDF, and then upload it to Dropbox into the job folder. I have done sketches at client's houses that I leave with them after I do a CamScan of the sketch.

This is one app that will wow the audience and have them all clicking on their cell phones to download the app.