Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#444 by NJBrian32
Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 pm
Our firm is deciding on a new printer and/or copier. Does anyone have any experience with an Oce TDS-300 or a KIP 2001? We were also thinking of just getting the KIP 1880 and living with the plotter we have. What are your opinions please?
-Thanks
Brian
#447 by Brian Engebretson
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:48 pm
We recently bought a Xerox 510 dp and I really like it. If I remember correctly, it was cheaper than the Oce, but a little more than the KIP depending on options. We got the 10 D size pages per minute version with a color scanner. I think the Oce is used by quite a few repro companies and is a great machine. I don’t think you could go wrong with one of those. I would like to have Oce’s “instant on” capabilities. It only takes a couple minutes for the Xerox to warm up if it’s been idle for a while, but it always seems to be when I need something quickly. We decided on the Xerox because we had an older version, the 8830, for about 5 years and it worked well for us. So we just upgraded to the new model. Sorry I don’t have more specific info on the two machines you are looking at, but I don’t think you would be disappointed by either of them. It just comes down to cost. If the prices are close, I would vote for the Oce.
#500 by Rocket468
Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:31 pm
We have a kip 4000 at our office. It's a couple years old. We run couple hundred feet a day thru it. Got to change out rolls almost evey day. I like the fact that there are folders you can drop your image files like tif, pdf, plt etc in and it prints them right out. We use a print driver that saves a tif image on your computer so it can be viewed in photoshop easy and marked up in there.

I am not sure how many feet it runs a minute. Usually all the sets 50ish sheets take less than 5mins. So its probley 10 sheets a minute there abouts.

Once you flip the switch and windows boots up on the printer it does not take longer than 5 secs for it to start printing once you hit print.

One thing I don't like is the controler is Nt only. I was told a 2000/xp driver is suposta be out someday but they don't seem to be in a hurry.