Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#77672 by melina
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 am
Hi all!

I just wanted to post on some graphic software I have been using for about a year now Affinity by Serif Ltd.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

They have publishing, photo editing, and vector graphic applications to compete with Adobe's InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator. They are pro-oriented applications that are resident on your system (pc or mac) and are not subscription. And the price is very affordable. What I like most is that for those of us who do not use this type of application everyday, all day, but when we do we need every tool at our disposal, you can depend on it without breaking the bank and consuming large resources.
#77682 by MtnArch
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:26 pm
I've been using Serif's products for way longer than I'd care to remember (I recently threw away my PagePlus 3.0 manual and floppies!) - their software worked great and was reasonably priced. With them completely re-writing the software from the ground-up to become the Affinity products they're definitely making inroads against Adobe - LOTS of converts on their forum. I still keep DrawPlus 8.0 around, though, because it will import (most) PDF drawings and allow me to save out as vectors in DWG format.

Their Designer, Photo and Publisher all work together and if you have purchased (no subscriptions for Affiinity!) them all you are able to be in one (such as Publisher) you can edit another object (such as a photo) directly in the other program without having to minimize the first and fire up the second.

Highly recommended!