Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#80470 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:12 am
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone subscribes to Windows One Drive subscription services. If so could you share your experience with it and also how it works (or doesn't work) when internet is not available.

Thank you
#80471 by Joseph Baron
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:48 am
I've been using OneDrive for a long time to make files available to 2 different computers and have been happy with it's operation. I even use it for some DataCAD support files, like custom toolbars so if I change it on one it's automatically updated for the other (because essentailly it's the same file). There is a 'Always keep on this device' setting that you can use for folders/files so that they are accessible when the internet connection is non-existant.
#80474 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:57 pm
I have been using it for about 4 years and have been very happy with it. I get my additional storage via my Microsoft 365 account plus I have received several increases via promotions which has put my storage up to 1.04 TB for $99 a year. It has a couple quirks like you have to work out of a single OneDrive folder for synced items, but once I adjusted my file structure a bit, I love having the native client built into Windows File Explorer and having access from my phone.
#80476 by joshhuggins
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:00 pm
Installed locally. I don't care for the online stuff too much. It's nice if you need it in a pinch when you are away from your desk.